Followers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Texas, Here We Come!

Did I portray sufficient enthusiasm with that title? We are not feeling super enthusiastic about moving, but are happy to finally get back to the Lone star State. Our move will probably take place the first week of August, possibly the last week of July. I sort of want to just get it over with, but at the same time, I want to maximize the time the kids have with their friends here, and I want to do that as well. I guess we will see. A lot will depend on when we find a house. John and I will most likely head down to Dallas in the latter part of June. We have heard a lot of good things about the area from people who have lived there.

Tonight we are on tornado watch. That is one thing I certainly won't miss about KC. It's crazy to me that people live like this every "tornado season" which is essentially May through September. I no likey. The weather forecast says that 9-16 tornadoes will touch down in the Kansas City area tonight. Better get my camcorder ready.

We joined Lifetime Fitness this week. It's a health club that's more Midwest. It hasn't quite hit the East or West coasts yet, but everywhere in between. They have pretty much everything including a restaurant, full service, spa, and indoor/outdoor pools with water slides. The kids are loving it. The exercise equipment and classes are top notch. Luckily, they have Lifetime in Dallas as well, so our membership fee will transfer.

It's nice having the kids out of school and some warm weather. They have been enjoying the giant inflatable water slide we got at Costco, and loved the Lifetime pool when we went the other day. We are hoping to go camping this weekend, but we'll see what the weather does.

Hope all of you are happy and well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How is it that you guys always have money for housekeepers, gym memberships, inflatable pools, etc, but never money when it is time to visit us? I don't get it? Do you hate me?

Unknown said...

Are you ever gonna post something new? I want more! I always look at your blog, but never anything new. Do you check ours out at all? xoxo