Followers

Friday, August 1, 2008

Our New Texas Pad

Here are some pics for your viewing enjoyment....The first is the "Chooch" crew minis, Jack and Avery passed out on the couch due to late night parental-gaming-blisss. The second is Avery and her BBF, Mia. The third is Avery and her new baby pony, CC, fresh from the DFW. The fourth is going on record as the best picture of me EVER! Is that hot, or what? We were lighting off fire-works in the church parking lot.....I mean um, some, um random deserted parking lot out in the boon-docks of Missouri with no Christian orientation and Cortney caught this sassy shot of me enjoying my sparkler a little too much. NICE! And 5th, Addy and her BBF Madeline at the same random unknown parking lot post fourth of July celebratory event. Good times, people, good times!!!





Well, John and I spent a very long weekend in Dallas looking over at LEAST a million different houses. Ok, maybe 50, but it really felt like more. We finally settled on one of the first that we looked at. We just didn't want to rule out any options! Our house is nestled in the beautiful master-planned community of Lantana. Lantana is just North of Flowermound. I'm adding a link so you can check it out:


As sad as I am to leave my friends here in KC, it sure feels good to have some direction. Here is a link to the model home of our builder, Newport Homes. Take the model tour (it's in green on the far right side of the page with a little house icon). The floor plan is the same as our home, but the elevation is a little different: http://www.newporthomebuilders.com/neighborhoods.php?id=1


I listed a bunch of furniture on Craig's List last night and my phone has been freakin ringing NON-STOP. I have literally sold almost everything I posted in less than 24 hours. I must have priced stuff way too low. Go Craig's List! It is most awesome.


Hey, guess what else! I have decided to have my dining furniture faux painted a distressed off white. I am really excited! Hopefully it won't turn out completely heinous.


Oh, and I just finished the most hillarious book ever. I really like Christopher Moore even though the language can be a little rough. So if you are offended by a few f-bombs here and there, you shouldn't read this book I am recommending even though the awesomeness is off the charts!!! It is called "You Suck" (a vampire love story). Seriously, I was laughing the entire time I read it. He is the most enertaining author I have ever experienced. If you want to check it out, I picked it up at Costco (my shopping haven). You know it's an addiction when all the cashiers call you by your first name.


1 comment:

Karina said...

Thanks for the memory. It has been really sweet to read them. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and am sad for you to go but it's always fun having friends all over the country to visit. I know where to come when I need a great shopping weekend. Nice job sellling all of your stuff. It might motivate me to put my old stuff on Craig's list next time. OK, see you on Sunday.