Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is "butt"

Here's a little funny diddy to brighten your day. I just love the funny things kids say. I wish I would have done a better job of writing down all the cute words and comments my kids said through the years. Not too late for Avery, though! So picture sweet Avery playing with her new store front she got from Santa. It's this cute little mini market with a cash register and food baskets and of course, play food. One of the food items is an empanada. For those of you who don't know what an empanada is, I have conveniently cut and pasted the Wikipedia definition below:

An empanada (not to be confused with the Portuguese empada, which is a different dish) is essentially a stuffed pastry. The name comes from the Spanish verb empanar, meaning to wrap or coat in bread.

To further your knowledge, Avery is holding her lil' play empanada in the picture below:



She fancies herself quite the pretend play chef and likes to shop at her store then come home to fix meals with her ingredients. This particular evening, she felt like cooking dinner for Aidyn, who was paying absolutely no attention to her whatsoever while watching an all encompasing episode of "Drake and Josh". Here is Avery's completely one-sided conversation:

"Aidyn, what do you want me to make you for dinner....pie or butt?"

(brief pause for response from Aidyn.........................................)

"This is butt."

Here she holds up her lil' play empanada. Kind of looks like a butt, right?
Ha! HAAAAA!!! HAAAAAAAAA!!!
Ok, it was so freakin' hilarious. I laughed for like 10 minutes. Are you feelin' it? Are you laughing histarically? Maybe you had to be here, but it was funny.

5 comments:

Olivia W. said...

I order butts on a regular basis...that's why mine is so big! ;-)

Jenni said...

i am laughing MY butt off!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, pretty funny!

Danielle said...

LOVE IT!! By the way, I am going digital, I am mainly going to just print off my blogs but I am just bringing my laptop the retreat! I am so excited!

Karina said...

Soooo funny! I love how funny kids can be! Laughter is helping me to keep warm when I want to DIE here in the cold. I need a warm vaca asap!!!!!