Followers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

RIP Cooper




At the end of June, we experienced a family tragedy. My special baby boy, Cooper-Teddy Stevens passed away. This is a hard tribute to add to my blog, but it would be selfish not to document how special Cooper is/was to our family. Cooper was the most tender-hearted, loveable, angelic, and loyal dog I have ever had. Cooper was my best friend, and almost like a fourth child to me. Loosing him is the hardest trial I have had to endure so far in this life. I am grateful to have spent 3.5 wonderful years with him and will treasure all of those memories for ever. I look forward to the time when I can see him again. I know Cooper is happy and being well cared for in his new home.
This has been a very difficult transition for our family but everyone is moving on and we are trying hard to dwell on the happy memories we have of our sweet cooper. Our family and friends have been so thoughtful and supportive and we appreciate all the love and well wishes. I will miss playing paw-paws, the times Coopie would actually cuddle on my lap, his pink snortelly nose, and his complete devotion the most. My favorite memory of Cooper is probably the day I got him. I had wanted a French Bulldog for ages and didn't think John would ever concede to having a small(ish) dog in our home. He is NOT a small dog guy. I was really convinced that having a Frenchie was never an experience I would enjoy. John surprised me Christmas of 2007 with Cooper and I was completely shocked, thrilled, overwhelmed, etc. Cooper lived up to every expectation I had for a dog and is irreplaceable. I miss you and love you Coopie Doo-doo.
Love Always,
Mom

4 comments:

Becca and Randy said...

I was so sad when I heard the news. I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine how it is to loose a dog that is so close to your heart. My heart broke for you and your family. I love this tribute you did. Please know you have been in my thoughts and prayers:-)

Olivia W. said...

Coopie was such a sweetheart! I know you were such a good mom to him...I'm so sorry Amy! XOXO!

Kim said...

Amy, I'm so glad you wrote this. I know you will see your devoted friend again. And I know there is an extra special place in Puppy Heaven for our little friends who bring so much love & joy to our lives. Keep smiling, my friend! love ya! ~Kim

Swangerlings said...

That is so sad...Amy I am so sorry. To loose is never easy. My heart goes out to you and your family.