Followers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Back To School!!!

Today was the first day of the 2010-11 school year. Addy is in 7th grade, Aidyn 4th, and Avery 1st. All 3 were fairly excited to go back due to end of summer boredom and I am happy to report that all 3 had a wonderful 1st day!!! Addy is enjoying the challenges of middle school and seems more mature and responsible every day. She gets to try out for the volleyball team tomorrow so send her a shout out on Facebook! She will also be continuing with piano. Aidyn is sooooo glad to have a "nice" teacher this year and very positive about 4th grade. He will start playing for the Lantana Golf Academy in 2 weeks and has also started guitar lessons. Avery is just thrilled to be back at school. She is my social butterfly and enjoys hanging with her peeps. Hip-hop and soccer are on her to-do list this fall. John gave each of them their back to school blessings last night so we can't go wrong!!

Also, I would be remiss not to mention the newest member of the Stevens' clan. Gizmo Sirius Stevens is our new baby Frenchie. After it was clear that I would need a distraction to get over my Cooper, John bought me this little fella! He's sweet and sassy all rolled into a cute-albeit deaf-package. Yes, that's what I typed, deaf. He can't hear a thing. We didn't' know that Gizmo was deaf when we bought him and neither did the breeder we bought him from. We accept this new challenge!! Bring it on!! We love him and he's part of our family so we will do our best to accommodate his handicap and make him feel comfortable in our home. Gizmo has already bonded with Dozer and is blissfully unaware that he is different from the rest of us.

Coming up in about a week we will be celebrating Aidyn's 10th birthday so I'd like to add a few words about his awesomeness. Aidyn is our favorite and only son. His birthday is August 31st and we went to a fun zone type place with video games, mini golf, and race cars to celebrate with his friends. Just yesterday. As far as I know, everyone had a great time. Let me mention a few of my favorite things about Aidyn. He is the kindest boy you will every meet. Aidyn never has anything bad to say about anyone, he doesn't judge people by the way they look, talk, by how intelligent he thinks they are, by where they come from, or any of that nonsense. He gives everyone the benefit of the doubt and easily forgives. He is super obedient. John and I never have to ask him twice to complete his services, turn off the TV, pick up after himself, or lend a hand. Aidyn loves God. He never complains about going to church, about reading his scriptures, about offering prayers, or any other Gospel related activity. I am continually impressed by Aidyn's charm and witt. Last night I was at a forever long soccer meeting to get my G liscense in order to continue coaching the Pink Tornadoes. A few hours into the meeting I get a text from Aidyn that says, "How's my favorite mom doing??". We traded texts for a while and I had a smile on my face for the rest of the evening. Aidyn is also creative, intelligent, hard working, humorous, friendly, even-tempered, and he can always make the best out of any situation. He is such a blessing to our family for all of these reasons and more. I enjoy talking to him regularly because he will tell me anything and is always eager to share tidbits about his day, his interests, his current exploits, and his personal achievements. I love my Hug-E-B!!!
Happy 10th Birthday, buddy!!!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

What trendsetters those girls are! Love the cute new Gremlin doggie!