Followers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

One More Week!

We had our first walk through on the new house this past Thursday. Nothing major to finish up, just odds and ends so we are still set to close on the 19th of September. Since I have had numerous requests for pics, here are few I took this evening....














Before the house visit, we went downtown to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was our second visit since we have been here in DFW. What a cool place. They have a great variety of animal life both land and sea. Avery was really hoping to see some buffalope (buffalo). But unfortunately, she had to settle for Karin and Oswald, the giant river otters. Here is a video we made in the car on the way to the house...Bummer. It's too long. If your video clip is longer than 100MB, you can't publish it on Blogger!!! That's kinda sucky. Oh well, it was way cool. Sorry you will miss it. If I had video editing software on my laptop, I would totally shorten it for you, but Windows Movie Maker is the closest thing I have and it won't work. Here are some awesome pics of our awesome aquarium adventure instead! I will take a shorter video clip tomorrow and post it in the evening because I feel guilty now for getting you all excited about big fat nothing.


Ahhh, animals are so fun. I just love em'. If my allergies weren't so crazy bad and animals didn't poop, I would totally have my own zoo/aquarium. Maybe someday I can have an OUTDOOR zoo/aquarium and I could hire someone to clean up the doodoo. Hey, a girls gotta have a dream.

The cute manatee you see in the upper right pics just came right up to the glass. He sat there and watched me take pictures of him for like 3 minutes! I was so flattered! One of the 3 toed sloths was out for viewing but he kept his little face hidden so the only pics I could get were with him tucking his face down in his lap. Still pretty cute! Addy loved the burrowing owls the best, Avery loved the jaguar, manatees, and giant river otters, and Aidyn loved the monkeys, snakes, and crocodiles. Ginormous crocodiles! John is a fan of the jaguar and me, I love the river otters and manatees. I could sit and watch them all day long. I know, easily entertained.

In Stevens' news this week, Avery continues to love dance class. She can shake that booty with the best of them. You should see her learning to shuffle-ball-change! It's precious! Aidyn started baketball and continues to amaze John and I with his utter lack of athletic ability. He can run like the dickens but that kid cannot catch a freakin ball to save his life. Oh well. Maybe he'll be a track star. Addy insists on swimming and piano so she will have to wait until the pool is done and we have a new piano to start her extra curriculars. I think we are looking at mid to late fall for both. Cooper is his normal loveable Frenchie self. I have decided that he needs elongated soft pallet surgery and I'm not very excited about the amount of money it's going to cost me to pay for that. Sigh. John is on a diet and back to the gym-anyone wanna take the over under on how long that lasts? I give it 2 weeks tops. Hope y'all are well!





5 comments:

Jenni said...

I laughed out loud at the "John and I are amazed at his utter lack of athletic ability" oh my gosh, that was too funny! Poor kid. I have one of those-he and Brayden can be track stars together--maybe they can do a relay if they don't drop the batons.....heehee.

Love the house pics, love the house! I'll bet you are so excited to move in!!

Amy said...

Oh that house is SO incredibly beautiful!! Thanks for blogging about the aquarium b/c we're headed to Dallas/FTW over Thanksgiving, so we might have to hit that place up!!

Olivia W. said...

hola! sounds like good times down there! can't wait to see your house. i almost cried when i saw avery in dance class...i miss that little sweet pea.

Karina said...

Your house is so beautiful. I hope to visit it in person at some point! The aquarium looks way awesome. What fun.

Unknown said...

Everyone is so big... I can't even stand it. Your house is absolutely ridiculous, but BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the outdoor fireplace and can't wait to sit by it! I can't believe what a little man Aidyn is turning into. Skyler has that same shirt Addy is wearing with the skulls on it. Tell them how much I love them! I love them SOOOOO much!