Followers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

What A WEEK!

Hey Ya'll,

We are finally moved in and feeling slightly more settled now that everything is unpacked. Whew, it's been a long hard week. John and Aidyn were visiting family and friends in the NW from Tuesday to Saturday which left the girls and I (ok, so me) to get-r-done. If you know me at all, you know that a)I can't stand to sit around and do nothing b)I can't relax when there is a load of crap to get done, and c) chaos completely overwhelms me. So you will not be surprised to read, that all that's left to do is hang the curtains and put up a few pictures. In the immortal and always appropriate words of London Tipton, "Yay me!".

In just the handful of weeks we have been here, I have found out that two friends from back home in P-town live within a short drive from our new home! Lisa Anderson Stubbs lives in Frisco and Lisa, I just want to say that I was at Ikea last week thinking of you. Email me soon so we can get together!!! In addition to Lisa, I just noticed a comment on my last post from another old friend. Actually she is a friend of my sisters whom I used to baby sit. Hi Jenny! It was so great to get your comment! I can't believe you live in Highland Village! We are seriously neighbors. Lantana is about a mile west down the 407 from you. Email me at semiprecious1@live.com and I will give you the scoop. We really love this area!

I didn't do a quote of the week last week because I was too crazy busy. I just finished a book that had a couple I could use, but I am going to go with an Ensign quote in tribute to my BFF, Kerry. She was going to come and visit this week, but she is so sick being pregnant with her 3rd child, she can barely leave her house and had to cancel. So Sad!! A week or so ago on her blog she posted about missionary work and the pressure we feel as Latter Day Saints to be missionaries. I had literally the day before (or maybe 2 days before) read a great article in the September Ensign on missionary work. I like this article for the simplicity of the message I took away from it: missionary work is not something that you choose to do as a member of the LDS church, it is something that you are doing all the time be your example good or not so much. Of course there are other ways to be a missionary, but the example we set is probably the most influential on a daily basis. Anyway, read the article, it's called "Be A Missionary All Your Life" by Elder Quentin L. Cook. The non-preachy ones are my favorites. And here is the quote by this inspiring elder, "Missionary work is not just one of the 88 keys on a piano that is occasionally played; it is a major chord in a compelling melody that needs to be played continuously throughout our lives if we are to remain in harmony with our commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ." I even gave you one with a metaphor...now that's love people.

And for your weekly viewing enjoyment, here are a few pics of Addy as a mini-munchkin I recently re-scrapbooked digitally. Oldies, but Goodies! Can you believe she's 10.5? Oh, and that's not Addy getting married, btw. That's my adorable brother and his gorgeous wife, Lori. It just happened to be on the same page as the Addy scrapbooking for some reason.

No comments: